Born in Oradea, Romania. A self-taught painter, she lets her imagination gallop and here it takes shape in images with very unique shapes and colors: she engages in intense strokes, or frames glimpses of landscapes dear to her, reproducing them with precise, realistic intent and with particular attention to chromatic variations, highlighting the romantic sensitivity. She calibrates the stroke, alternating delicacy, and intensity, giving light to the same fundamental role that belongs to post-impressionist painting. She participates in exhibitions and national and international events.
About the Artist
Alina Ciuciu is an incredibly gifted artist who demostrates a mastery of painting in a wide range of styles and unusual, extraordinary topics.
Her paintings show a variety of influences, which vary from day to day: realist, impressionist, abstract… She often uses only a “palette knife”, and textures with acrylic “impasto” which creates an amazing three-dimensional effect.
Her subjects might be ordinary scenes, people and animals, or fantastic images of wild imagination and tremendous heart. They must be seen in person to be appreciated – or at least up close: tap or click one, and enlarge to see the detail.
You’ll see an amazing depth of vibrant colors: such wonderful and beautiful hues, almost jumping off the canvas! And the very thick, almost too deep textures…
Often the setting appears quite common but is so sharp in its details… Maybe an unusual but marvelous use of shapes and definition — what an incredible imagination she has!
And her paintings exude her intense feelings: bursting with excitement; very passionate and always sensual; filled with love; captivating and endearing…
To view one, to pause and gaze at the moment she has stopped and put onto the canvas — not just its shape, but its very essence: With paint not words, she captures a person’s mood, a person’s heart; their deepest desires; their very Soul.
And the next time you look at it: maybe it tells a different story…
Each painting is amazing, stunning; and when you think you’ve found your favorite, you may find the next one is even better!
Also, each often contains a mystery: Why is one flower, unlike the others? Why do two very different things share the exact same color? Why the Title? If you are curious, why not Contact her and ask? She may reply with a direct answer — or with yet another mystery!
And so Alina’s art is not only to be admired; it is to be felt, to be experienced. Her top-quality works never fail to impress: full of rich colors, beauty, life, passion, and wonder… Each painting is an amazing gift to us, something to be treasured forever.
Prizes and Awards
- Art Now – Artista dell’Anno 2020
- ArtExpò Gallery – The Oscars of Art 2021
- Art Now – Art Leader 2020 – Certificate “Artist’s Coefficient”
- Mantova Artexpo ’19 Mantova, Italia 8-9 June 2019
- Premio Città di Parigi Galerie Thuillier, Paris 15-17 June 2019
- “Nati dal Grigio” Lago di Garda, Italy 20 June – 2 July 2019
- Premio Cultura Identità La Spezia, Italy 5 July 2019
- 1st Grand Prize of Montecarlo – Oscar of Creativity 14 September 2019
- “Mindfulness” Exhibit “Hoxton 253” Gallery, London 11-17 October 2019
- Budapest Biennial Artexpo Pintér Gallery, Budapest 22-27 November 2019
- 1st Prize “David di Donatello” for the Visual Arts 2020 Cesenatico, Italy 4 January 2020
- “Soundings” – Art Collective Exhibition Naples, Italy 10-20 January 2020
- ArteGenova 2020 Contemporary and Modern Art Trade Exhibition Genoa, Italy 14-17 February 2020
- Trofeo Artista dell’Anno 2020 Cesenatico, Italy 27 June 2020
- “Expressions” Garda Lake, Italy 25 July – 4 August 2020
- Civic Museum Sciortino Gallery of Monreale – 1st Biennial of Contemporary Art of the Normans Sicily, Italy12-18 September 2020
- The Palma d’Oro for the Visual Arts 2020 Cannes, France 19 September 2020
- Mondadori “Artisti ‘20” – Presentation and Art Exhibit ArtExpò Gallery, Italy Florence, Italy26 September 2020
- The Oscars of Art 2021 ArtExpò Gallery, Italy January 2021
- Collective Exhibition in BerlinGalerie Pinna (with Gallery Il Collezionista) Berlin, Germany 6 – 17 February 2021
- “the state of contemporary art in Italy”Castiglion Fiorentino (Arezzo), Tuscany, Italy open to the public: 29 January – 2 June 2021
- Fiera di Forlì – Vernice Art Fair “the largest and longest-running fair dedicated to artists and contemporary art, is back!” Forlì, Italy 19-21 March 2021 17-19 September 2021
- https://artedialina.com (artist site)