Categories
RBR PRESENTS THE CAR OF THE FORMULA 1 SEASON 2021, WHICH LOADS THE SAME PAINT OF THE LAST YEARS
skysports red bull rbb new

 RB16B

Discreet, the Austrian team disseminated images of the RB16B through a video on social networks; the model is an evolution of the 2020 car, which won two races with Verstappen.

RBR presented the car with which it will compete in the 2021 Formula 1 season on Tuesday morning. Starting with the name, the RB16B is an evolution of the 2020 car and had practically nothing new in its painting. Just see if the technical evolution of the car will give Max Verstappen and Sergio Pérez the chance to compete in the championship with the Mercedes duo.

According to team leader Christian Horner, the RB16B carries about 60% of the RB16. The other 40% would be the evolution of aerodynamic problems that hindered Verstappen and Albon last year and that served as a lesson for the improvements of the car of that year.

– I would not say that (the problems) are exclusive to aerodynamics, because these things always work together. But I think we’ve made good progress since 2020 and we’ll see what challenges the RB16B will face with regulatory changes. But this is obviously the same for all teams, ”he says.

The year 2021 marks the departure of Honda from Formula 1, which withdraws from the category at the end of the year. However, in an agreement between the team and the manufacturer, and because of an engine freeze that runs until 2025, the team will have the technical capacity to continue using the Japanese engines without having to invest heavily for this.

The current season also marks Sergio Pérez’s debut for the Austrian team. The Mexican arrived to replace the Thai Alexander Albon, who left something to be desired after his first full season with RBR.

Translator
Comments
All comments.
Comments