Charles Leclerc looks to be the man to beat on Saturday at the German Grand Prix after topping third practice for Ferrari, as Max Verstappen and Sebastian brought a fight that Mercedes were unable to match.
The Silver Arrows changed bodywork on Lewis Hamilton’s car in the search for more pace, but it seemed to do little.
When Hamilton did run the new configuration, his time was deleted for exceeding track limits at Turn 17 – something that impacted drivers throughout the field as the FIA look to clamp down at the last and first corners.
Kevin Magnussen went fifth-fastest, just 0.003 seconds short of Valtteri Bottas’ Mercedes – mystifying Haas as the Dane had ran 18th in FP2, and nothing had changed on his VF-19.
German GP FP3 Results
1. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) 1:12.380
2. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) 1:12.548
3. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 1:12.644
4. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) 1:12.890
5. Kevin Magnussen (Haas) 1:12.893
6. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1:12.965
7. Carlos Sainz (McLaren) 1:13.300
8. Pierre Gasly (Red Bull) 1:13.324
9. Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo) 1:13.351
10. Romain Grosjean (Haas) 1:13.378
11. Sergio Perez (Racing Point) 1:13.476
12. Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) 1:13.496
13. Alexander Albon (Toro Rosso) 1:13.554
14. Lando Norris (McLaren) 1:13.556
15. Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo) 1:13.671
16. Lance Stroll (Racing Point) 1:13.672
17. Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso) 1:13.767
18. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) 1:13.816
19. Robert Kubica (Williams) 1:15.540
20. George Russell (Williams) 1:15.824